Saturday, January 29, 2011

Snowboarding

Took the boys snowboarding today for the very first time.  I must give HUGE HUGE HUUUUUGGGGGE kudoos to the boys instructor who was VERY patient with them and really took the time to be super AWESOME with them.

Parker was a bit of a suck - surprise surprise, and Blaine wasn't really into the physical aspect of it.  He liked it when I called him Mr. Awesome, because he seemed to glide down the hill with little or no effort and I didn't see him fall once!  I chalk that up to his low center of gravity and small body weight!  I, on the other hand, was nicknamed Mrs. Fally pants.  Uhm, gee, one guess as to why I was named that?! 

I will say, the kiddie hill is actually HARDER than just going down an average run.  You actually have to WORK at getting down the hill instead of having gravity do the work for you!  And once it warmed up a bit and the snow was a bit wet, well then it was sticking to our boards and the effort was even greater!!  Needless to say, couple that with my Zumba class last night and I'm ONE HURTIN' UNIT!!  My legs are killing me. 

The happy ending to this story is, that despite the suck outs, tears, meltdowns and frustrations, the boys left feeling like they LOVED snowboarding.  Of course hearing this I instantly thought, "Were you guys on the same hill as I was???" but I'm happy that their first memory of it, is a good one.

Now on to BC and Big White!!

EEEEEEK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment