Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Years Resolutions

So I heard on the radio today that 90% of us who make new years resolutions, will be DONE with those said resolutions within the first MONTH of making them. 

Wow.  Seriously?  Come on people.  What's WITH that?! 

So I know it's only the first week but I'm going to pat myself on the back here anyways.  Here's how I'm doing with my resolutions:

1. Making meals from scratch: GOOD!  I love making home made meals for the boys and seeing them love them!  Tonight, ahhhhh, not so good...I mean, I made a home made quiche.  From scratch crust and everything.  Spinach and cheese.  MMMMMM. I was SO looking forward to eating it!  And then as I was pulling it out of the oven, I dropped it!  Now this sucks for two large reasons.  One my freaking meal was on the floor (and it's now 5:30) and two I dropped it half IN the oven and half out.  Grrrrrr.  That will be fun to clean up tomorrow! (Yes I left it!) 

2. Loose clinging baby weight: It's the first week.  Cut me some freaking slack!  LOL  I have been eating a 1000 calorie diet for a week - not intentionally.  The diet is supposed to be 1700 calories, but when you cut out sweets and snacks before bed, I'm left with 1000 calories!!  Who knew I ate so well!  Have to work on finding healthy alternatives to add into my diet to bring it up.

3. Be connected.  I say that as I type away on my blog.  Drat.  I knew I was missing something. 

So what do they say about a goal?  It needs to be measurable.  Right? 

Add to #3.  Be connected with one friend/family member each week. 

There.  Measurable. 

So who's up for coffee this week?  I've got 700 extra calories I have to add in! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment