Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cheesey Chicken broccoli

OMG you have a blog?  

Uhm, ya I did.  Well I do.  Uhm, it's complicated. 

The complication being I find less and less time to get on here and talk, reminice or just plain rant about what's going on in my life. 

In a meek effort to keep my blog from being another blog hole in the internet (blog hole...get it?  like black hole....okay I'm rusty) I will post our lovely dinner from last night.  Super easy, super tasty and low in fat! 

Ingrediants:

chicken breasts
low fat cream of chicken soup (or any other cream soup you fancy)
broccoli
cheese wiz (yes I said cheese wiz which I use for NOTHING in our house other than this recipe.  Just give it a chance...)

This is actually a one dish recipe but I converted it so I can bake the chicken breasts making them lower in fat.  If you're looking for one dish, fry the chicken and then add all the ingrediants.  BAM.  Instant (next to instant) dinner.  For the lower fat version, read on:

Bake chicken breasts at 350 for 25 minutes (making sure they are NOT pink in the inside. 
Boil broccoli in pot till desired tenderness
Place soup (including added milk) and 2 large tablespoons of cheese wiz in large frying pan and warm.  Stir until cheese wiz is completely melted. 

When your chicken is done, cut into cubes and add to soup mixture.  Drain broccoli and add to soup mixture.  VOILA.  Low fat, TASTY, cheesey broccoli chicken dish.  And my kids LOVE this one.  We pour it over rice, but pasta would work nicely as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment