Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Queen's Alumni!

So I'm shopping in Costco the other day and I see a guy walking down the aisle with a QUEEN's jacket on!  For those of you who don't know or have never seen one, they look approximately like this:


When I was going to Queen's I REALLY wanted one of these jackets, but at over $400 a pop, that was one months rent, and it just wasn't going to happen.  Then, I ended up transfering to U of T so it just wasn't in the cards. 

ANYWAYS, back to my story, so I see this guy walking down the aisle in one of these jackets and I think to myself, "oh I should totally say 'hi', tell him I used to go to Queen's, ask him if some of the old bars I went to are still around."  Just as I change my direction towards the guy, he turns and reveals his OTHER arm band, revealing his grad YEAR on his jacket. 

'14.  As in 2014.  As in 14 years LATER than I would have graduated Queen's.  Yes that's right I was class of '00. 

WTF?!

Needless to say I thank God he didn't see the "hey do I know you?" look on my face before I could beeline it to the checkout.

'14.  14 freaking years younger than me. 

Man.  I'm old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment