Thursday, June 27, 2013

I am a sinner


Hi.

My name is Krista Birkbeck and I’m a sinner. 

The lady at Wal-Mart gave me $5 extra in change and I kept it.  I’m a thief.
I saw an amazing picture of Channing Tatum on Facebook and I lusted.  I’m an adulterer.

I say “Oh MY GOD” all the time.  I use the Lords name in vain. 
I told someone I was running late because my kids made me late but really, I just slept in.  I’m a liar

I squash any bug that I find in my house.  I’m a killer.
I look at my neighbors lawn and/or his jet ski wish it was mine.  I covet my neighbor’s possessions.   

I am a sinner and my sins separate me from the love of God.  And all sin, in God’s eyes is equal.  You’re either with him or not.  There’s no “well I only lied today so I’m a bit closer today than I was yesterday”.   However, thankfully for me, I also believe in a God that forgives.  I’m human and I’m weak.  And I wish I was perfect.  And I wish I didn’t sin.  So I say I’m sorry and the great thing is, I believe, I get forgiven. 

I try my best not to judge.  But that doesn’t mean if I think you’re doing something wrong, I think it’s right.  There’s a difference there. 
If you really have no money and need to steal a loaf of bread, I don’t think you are an awful person and need to be punished for it.  And if you are the richest person I know and you steal a loaf of bread for kicks, (well I’d probably laugh) and I still don’t judge on what I think your punishment should be.  NOT for me to decide.  Not for me to judge.  But I still believe it’s wrong in either case. 

Everyone makes their own bed.  We all lie in it.  I’m happy I don’t have to lie in some other people’s beds.  And I’m CERTAIN there are people that are happy they don’t have to lie in mine. 
We all have well thought out opinions and beliefs and we govern our lives by them.  Good for us.  I’m happy to be friends and acquaintances with those of us passionate enough to share them.  Passionate enough to shout it out. 

Wendy Davis – I do salute you for standing up and fighting for what you believe in.  I just don’t believe in what you believe in.

And here’s a newsflash.  I DO think THAT is okay.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment