Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Easy dinner

So the other night I was NOT in the mood to cook and had resigned myself to a dinner of grilled cheese when I opened the fridge and realized I had some 'starting to wilt' broccoli.  DRAT.  Now what am I going to do with it? 

AHA!!  THIS is what I'll do with it:

Broccoli garlic pasta

Boil pasta to your desired tenderness and in separate pot, boil broccoli - and I mean boil the CRAP out of it.

In small fry pan, saute 3-4 cloves of garlic and 1 white oinion until soft. 

When broccoli is VERY soft, drain with the lid of the pot to perserve as much of the broccoli as possible and MASH like you would mash potatoes.

Drain your pasta and and then add to it the mashed broccoli, oinion and garlic.  Add 1-2 tablespoons of butter (or your favorite cooking oil) and serve with a sprinkle of parmesean cheese.

**You can add roasted chicken or even tuna to this recipe to add some more protien! **

My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe and it's SO easy and simple to do.  And it is PERFECT for that broccoli you've left just a little too long! 

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant!! Love it and will try it for sure...maybe even this week :D

    ReplyDelete