Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hectic

For some reason, the last little while has seemed VERY hectic around here!  Kiefer is MUCH more mobile every day and is demanding MORE and more of my attention every day.  That leaves very little time to cook for 6 people, do laundry for 6 people, AND clean up after SIX people.  Much less sit down for half an hour or more, a day and upload photos and write about the days events! 

What's new with us most recently is I signed Parker and Blaine up for March break camp.  The camp was only $20 a day, and runs from 8 am until 4 pm.  What does that work out to?  Like $2.50 and hour?!  Can't beat it!  AND it has always been one of Derek's favorite camps.  Well, P&B were not disappointed as they LOVE the camp as well.  But WOW!!  It is the most unstructured camp I have EVER seen.  It appears like they are just muddling through the day until it's 4 pm and time to go home.  But again, I reiterate, my kids LOVE IT!! 

The downside to the lack of structure?  My kids have come home the last three days absolutely SPUN.  You would think a long day like that would tire them out.  OH NO. Not even close.  It's like they are just keeping them contained all day long and by the end of the day they need to release some steam!!  I'm thinking tomorrow we might have to hit a park on the way home.  Or maybe I'll have them run behind the car all the way home!!!

Kiefer is getting more communicative.  He actually signed for "milk" yesterday.  I was over the moon happy.  Yippie!!  There is intelligent life in that little head of his!  LOL  Until that moment the most I ever got from him was caveman like grunts.  So nice for him to actually SIGN something and let me know that there is SOME comprehension going on. 

Well, it's late and I'm sure my typing/spelling is awful (I'd say atrocious but wow...how do you spell that one???)

Have a good night all!
*^_^*

No comments:

Post a Comment