Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Grace vs. Excuses

 


So I usually start each journal entry with a title and then a search for the perfect picture to start the entry off.  I am a very visual person and sometimes the pictures actually inspire some more of my writing.

I wasn't really prepared for what I found here.  

Wow, some powerful stuff.  

I've fallen off my diet/exercise routine.  It's been slipping for awhile and I allowed myself to slip because I thought I was giving myself 'grace'.  But 'grace' quickly turned into fries and chicken fingers and about a dozen lemon squares.  

So I started to wonder...when does 'grace' turn into an excuse.  

After finding this visual and really thinking long and hard about it, I believe I was giving myself excuses.  A way out of what was hard and difficult to do.  

But now, looking back at a week of 'excuses', I can move FORWARD with grace or decide to quit.  And really what does quitting accomplish?!  

There's more here to unpack, but I'm so very tired lately so I'm going to lie down for a nap.  I know I'll regret it - but sometimes you gotta.  😴





No comments:

Post a Comment