Thursday, June 23, 2022

A GREAT day - and then beaten down

 Yesterday I had a great day!  

I decided I wasn't going to participate in the toxic shit that was going on in my life.  NONE OF IT.  Not the sassy teenager who knows much better than I do, not the aggressive client who once claimed to be my friend, NONE.  OF.  IT.  

I started the day heading up to Midland to visit an old friend/client.  She runs a home daycare and has an 18-month-old herself. WOW!!  You cannot be grumpy around these kids.  She has 5 kids all under the age of 4!  (yes she's my hero!).  They held my hand, they poured water on me, they told me little secrets, and they were sad when I had to leave.  How can you NOT be cheery with that kind of an audience?  And probably more than that, I got to play.  I got to sit down on the ground, bare feet in the dirt (wow were my feet dirty after), and PLAY!  We made a pizzeria with lava, we made a house with two rooms - one room for interrogation for the prisoners!  (I swear that was not me but the 4-year-old boy!)  We had tickle fights, we read a story, the kids ate a healthy lunch and we had some quiet time.  I think every adult needs to spend time with toddlers when they are down because it is seriously the best therapy! 

While I was on my beautiful drive to Midland, a fellow agent called me to tell me she had heard about my awful experience with a client.  She told me I was an amazing agent and we couldn't control the behavior of crazy people.  She propped me up, she filled me with her joy and she supported me.  Wow, I felt so special.  Then she told me that I had made HER feel special by welcoming her to our brokerage.  (well duh of course!!)  She's an amazing person, why wouldn't I?!  

Then as I'm playing with these amazing little souls, I get another text from another realtor that she has left me a little present!  When I got home do you know what she left me?!  A FUCKING TIARA!!! Well, and some wine and flowers too...but DUDE!!!  A FUCKING TIARA!!!!  So you know what I did?!  I wore that mother fucking tiara while I vacuumed! hahahahahaha

And then yet another agent reached out to me and wrote me a nice long note telling me I had done everything I could for this client and you just can't win them all!  She was also super supportive and pumped me up!  

Wow!!!  I felt like a million bucks!!!  I was literally on cloud nine wondering how I could ever have felt down.  

Well, the universe will give and the universe will TAKE AWAY.  Enter a late-night text from the nightmare client and I'm spiraling again.  Exaggerations and downright lies - and more venom spewed at me.  

I was up until 5 am crying and wondering what I did wrong!  Why was the universe punishing me like this??  Well, NO MORE.  

DELETE AND BLOCK.  

A 'friend' who I've known since grade 9.  A friendship that had us calling each other sisters.  Our children call each other siblings.  She lay in bed with my husband!  Chatting and carrying on just like family.  

There is NO FAMILY that would EVER treat anyone like that.   EVER.  I have never treated another HUMAN the way she has treated me - and my boss!  Who has done NOTHING to her.  

She has new friends (that I introduced to her!) and she doesn't need me anymore.  


I should have known before this whole 'listing' started her biggest concern is she didn't want to lose a friend over this.  I was like, "that's crazy! Why would we stop being friends?!"  

CLEARLY, she knew something more about her personality than I did.  


I'm told Karma catches up with people.  


I'm not so sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment