Monday, January 14, 2013

Toy free zone

One of the big worries I had about having kids was losing myself. I would no longer be defined by my likes,dislikes and hobbies, I would be defined by my kids. I convinced myself that if I had one area of the house that was to be 'kid free' I could maintain my own identity. What better place than our bedroom?

Our room has always been declared a toy Free zone. With having the biggest bed in the house and a TV we couldn't keep it a kid free zone. Of course three kids later I've realized that this notion is just ridiculous. We strive to keep our room toy free but inevitably a stray Thomas train or dinky car ends up in our room.

Tonight as I threw back the covers totally exhausted I let out a small laugh as this is what I found.

A small toy kitchen utensil. I'm no longer annoyed or disillusioned that the toys in my room mean that I've lost myself. Instead when I find a stray toy it reminds me of the really really important things in life and how I'm lucky I have them. Three of them to be exact. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment