Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hurray for Handmade!! :D

Well, September is behind us now so of course we're all starting to think about that big "red and green" holiday at the end of the year.  I mean, how can we not?!  I actually took this picture in JULY.


With the hussel and bussel upon us earlier and earlier every year, this year I have decided to try to endevor to do things a little more wholesome.  Granola.  Hippy?  I'm trying to do something handmade for each person I normally buy for.  Don't get me wrong.  I still have to buy the supplies to make the gift, but for me, the true gift is the time it takes me - all the while thinking of the person I am creating it for. 

Oven mitts made for a family member a few years back. 


Yesterday I completed my first gift.  I'd post a picture...but uhm, it's a gift y'all!  This is no easy feat for me as I'm looking for work, working on my excel certification now, and taking care of all the house and kids at the same time.  Think about starting it yourself.  It doesn't have to be something big.  A handpainted frame.  A drawing.  Some cookies, or a cake.  It doesn't have to take 3 days to do, but any time you spend will mean so much more than some trinket that will (at least in this house) get lost or broken.  One of my favorite Christmas presents ever was a doll house my Dad assembled for me.  It's still at my parents house to this day.  It's not super sturdy, but knowing that my Dad took the time to assemble it for me, made it THAT much more special. 

So if I can do it, so can you!  Should we start a movement?!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment