Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tired of companies taking advantage

More and more these days I am hearing of big companies taking advantage of the little guy. 

Again, just my luck, I had someone SCREW me over.  Snow blowing the driveway this morning, with my already finiky snow blower, and I ran over a newspaper.  Like REALLY?!  Unwrapped.  Wasn't there at 6:30 pm last night but even with the snow, my carrier had the BRAINS to think I needed a frozen or otherwise sopping wet newspaper - in the middle of my driveway.  Only at this point, it was buried under a foot of snow!! 

So of course, it clogged the auger and the snowblower was screwed.  Well it wasn't just stuck in there, it was wedged in so deep it took cutting it with a saw out - and an hour and a half of labour!! 

Delivery policy states: papers are to be delivered as close to the front door as possible to keep dry from the elements.  (Right from the handbook they give carriers!) 

SOOOOOO, here's MY letter to them!!!


January 18, 2012

Jennifer Harris

Manager of Distribution          

Barrie Advance

21 Patterson Road

Barrie ON  L4N 7W6

Dear Ms. Harris:

This letter is to complain about service I recently received from The Barrie Advance delivery carrier for my area.

This morning, after the tremendous snowfall we endured last night, I naturally fired up our snow blower to plow our driveway.  It was more than a shock to me when half way finished my driveway my snow blower refused to work.  I turned it off and noticed that there was a newspaper stuck deep in the blades of the plow.  I could not remove it as best I tried.  At that point, I called a family member to come over and see if we could resolve the problem on our own. 

The newspaper was so deep in the plow that a repair company had to be called and the front of the blower taken apart to remove the paper.  What good is a newspaper soaked on my driveway going to do me?  It certainly would not be legible to read if I HAD found it under the 14 inches of snow we had in our driveway.  I understand that it is carrier policy to deliver newspapers on the front step of customer’s homes.  Certainly with the weather we’ve been having delivering a newspaper, unwrapped, to a driveway proves useless. 

I have included an invoice for the company that came and fixed the snow blower, along with a piece of the paper that was pulled from the auger, showing last night’s date.  As of 6:30 pm last night when I arrived home, there was no paper in my driveway.  I expect that you will take care of this repair seeing as The Barrie Advance is culpable due to delivery regulations not being adhered to.

I expected a much higher level of service from your company, and I am quite disappointed. Because I do not want a repeat occurrence of this sort, I am requesting delivery of the paper be terminated immediately, and I expect a full refund for my repairs.   I will be informing my friends and family about this experience.

Sincerely,

Krista Birkbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment